Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

CUCM Failed RU Upgrade 9.1 -> 11.5

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I'm attempting a trial upgrade of CUCM from version 9.1 to 11.5 just to see if i encounter any problems in advance of the actual upgrade.

We have built a new CUCM Publisher based on a DRS Restore of the original, this server sits on VMWare (HP Compute, not UCS) on an isolated network, we can reach it using NAT/PAT rules but it does not have access to any of the other unified communications applications, it does have access to NTP and DNS.

So i installed the version 3 keys, checked space on the inactive partition, changed RHEL 5 to RHEL 6 and also changed the network adaptor to VMXNET3.

From here i progressed with the upgrade, 3 hours or so passed and it looked like it had completed the installing the database components but then i suddenly see:

**Error detected in post-install phase. Trying to restore the system to the active version**

CUCM boots back into the active partition and there is nothing on the inactive partition, i've downloaded the logs to SFTP and attached the install.log but can't see anything obvious. Could it be something simple like the server checking DNS A Records and PTR Records?

The main reason for the test was to see if i come up against the dial plan installer preventing the upgrade (which i've come across in previous installations) this error seems to be different though.

Thanks, Simon

Who Me Too'd this topic