cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

vWLC + FlexConnect Central Switching

Hello,

I'm experiencing a problem trying to use vWLC (v 8.0.140) + FlexConnect Central Switching.

The device should connect to SSID A and receive, via RADIUS, the VLAN ID = 151.

The SSID A is configured with management interface (VLAN ID 172) and WPA2 + 802.1x.

The APs (1702i and 2702i) are configured with "VLAN Support" enabled (FlexConnect Tab) and the "Native VLAN" is 10. The switch port is configured as access on vlan 10.

A FlexConnect Group is configured for the APs.

I've tried 2 sets of configuration:

Set #1

SSID A config -> Advanced Tab -> FlexConnect Local Switching Disabled 

FlexConnect Group -> ACL Mappings = none.

FlexConnect Group -> VLAN-WLAN Mappings = Nothing configured.

Inside AP config (FlexConnect -> VLAN Mapping tab) I can see the SSID A as a Centrally Switched WLAN, but the VLAN ID = N/A.

Set #2

SSID A config -> Advanced Tab -> FlexConnect Local Switching Enabled + Vlan Based Central Switching enabled

FlexConnect Group -> ACL Mappings -> ACL-VLAN Mapping -> Added VLAN ID 172 with Ingress and Egress ACL = none.

FlexConnect Group -> VLAN-WLAN Mappings = Nothing configured.

Inside AP config (FlexConnect -> VLAN Mapping tab) I cannot see any SSID mapped to Centrally Switched WLAN (all blank), but I can see the VLAN-WLAN mapping to VLAN 172 (management interface).

In both sets, the device is capable to receive an IP Address of VLAN 151 (correct), but the traffic is not forwarded. Using wireshark, I captured pieces of traffic and I was able to see traffic from others devices in VLAN 172 (management). So, I'm receiving the correct IP Address (vlan 151), but my traffic is tunnelled to vWLC in a wrong VLAN (vlan 172).

After v8.1 the Central Switching is disabled on vWLC deployments.

Has someone experienced something similar to this? Has someone any clue?

Thanks

Who Me Too'd this topic