Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

FTD Backup using FMC & other options

shivaprasad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Experts,

I was looking for FTD backup/restore option from FMC and I understand that there is below enhancement in progress & we cannot have a full backup of FTD from FMC as of now.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb77246

Also, we know that Full backup/restore of FTD is supported from FDM and hence had few queries before I can suggest customer on the approach to backup/restore FTD in case of RMA or any other failure.

Background is that customer is using Firepower 4140 in FTD Cluster and managing them via FMC 4000/4500.

Please help with the below queries:

1. Does the backup from Firepower Chassis GUI > System > Configuration > export page and then import should help in restoring all FTD configuration?
  2. Can customer use both FMC and FDM so that the issue of FTD Backup/Restore is resolved ?? Customer doesn’t want to stop using FMC as they are centrally managing FTDs & NGIPS devices.
  3. If I do FTD configuration export from point 1 and FTD install/upgrades/import Access Policy, SSL policy and other policies from FMC backup, are we missing any configuration of FTD like Routing/Natting ??

Please help in this as we have customer asking these questions & waiting for the answers.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Shivaprasad Gudsi

Who Me Too'd this topic