Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

ASDM was unable to load the firewall's configuration

andrews_steven
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I have been working with a cisco ASA 5506-x base license, version details below:

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.8(2)38
Firepower Extensible Operating System Version 2.2(2.90)
Device Manager Version 7.9(2)152

I have configured the FirePower module to have an IP of 10.200.30.253, LAN interface to have IP of 10.200.30.254 and my own laptop to have an IP of 10.200.30.10. I can ping both the LAN and FirePower interfaces without issues. I can also navigate to both in a browser.

When I try and connect to 10.200.30.254 with the FirePower module running and connected I get an error: "ASDM was unable to load the firewall's configuration...." I have done some searching and people have suggested Java Versions, ASDM versions, FirmWare versions, but I do not seem o be able to get this resolved. Only thing I have not tried is using a Win7 32bit OS which one forum suggested.

Java version I am running is Java 8 Update 181 32 bit.

Spoke to TAC but unfortunately I have no support contract and they are not interested in providing any assistance without this even though I suspect a bug.

If I disconnect or shutdown the FirePower module ASDM works fine, except obviously I then cannot configure the FirePower module.

ASDM.jpgASDM2.jpg

Thank you,

Steven

Who Me Too'd this topic