Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

ASA 5506-X: "Module Firepower is not supported on this platform”

db62
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

So I was upgrading an ASA 5506-x from 9.9 to 9.10 using the "Tools / Check for ASA/ASDM updates..." function of the ASDM launcher.

It found the 9.10.1 update, but then a message box popped up:

"Module Firepower is not supported on this platform

Excuse me?

A quick search led me to the 9.10 Release Notes, which say, quote:

No support in 9.10(1) for the ASA FirePOWER module on the ASA 5506-X series and the ASA 5512-X—The ASA 5506-X series and 5512-X no longer support the ASA FirePOWER module in 9.10(1) and later due to memory constraints [emphasis mine]. You must remain on 9.9(x) or lower to continue using this module. Other module types are still supported. If you upgrade to 9.10(1), the ASA configuration to send traffic to the FirePOWER module will be erased; make sure to back up your configuration before you upgrade. The FirePOWER image and its configuration remains intact on the SSD. If you want to downgrade, you can copy the ASA configuration from the backup to restore functionality.

Would anyone at Cisco care to address this loss of functionality that was bought and paid for, due to an "upgrade"? I'm sure some users might have something to say about this... And this thread might be relevant too...

Thank you kindly.

Who Me Too'd this topic