Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

HSRP and vPC

tranviettu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a case with the behavior of HSRP working with vPC. I have a pair of N7706 (code 8.2) forming a vPC Domain and make a vPC connection to a N93108TC-EX. 

On this lab, I have 2 VLAN 49, 53 which are provisioned on all 3 switches, and the GWs are placed on the N7Ks and was configured with HSRP (All HSRP groups are converged and N7K-01 is chose to be control-plane Active).

I have 2 hosts attached to the N9K, one (Host A) belongs to VLAN 49, another (Host B) to VLAN 53. Host A and Host B can ping each other. Below that the test I make to see how the HSRP worked:

- Firstly, I shutdown interface-vlan 49 on N7K-02,  Host A and Host B can ping each other successfully.

- After that, I no shut interface-vlan 49 on N7K-02, and let's HSRP converge.

- Secondly, I shutdown the interface-vlan 49 on N7K-01, Host A and Host B lost communication to each other!!!

I redo the test again and find that: the communication lost when I shutdown interface-vlan on N7K-01 only, and even in case of both interface-vlans (49 and 53) are shut on N7K-01, the communication still lost. It seem that the traffic only traveled to N7K-01!!!

Is this a normal behavior of HSRP with vPC?

Regards,

Tu Tran

Who Me Too'd this topic