cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Trouble updating Mobility Express on Wireless LAN Controller and Wireless AP.

Spork Schivago
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!   I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.   I have a Cisco C1111-8PW ISR and it has the built-in Wireless LAN Controller and a built-in Wireless AP.  I have been attempting, for way too many hours, to update the firmware on both the Wireless LAN Controller and the Wireless AP.   I have a total of 3 additional APs that I will be adding to the network soon, and I wanted it so when ever I put a new firmware on the WLC, it would update the APs automatically.

Is that possible with the Mobility Express on the AP and the WLCs?   I think it might not be, because on the AP, when I look at the archive command, it s hows it can pull an image from the WLC, but only if it's in that CAPWAP mode or whatever it's called.

I believe the builtin AP is equivalent to the Cisco 1815i, from what I've read.   I tried putting it on the WLC, and was somewhat successful.   It shows the version I downloaded, 8.8.111.0, is in the backup slot on the WLC, however, I cannot figure out how I got it there, and if I try to boot off the backup slot, then when I log in via the console cable, the screen is flooded with an error message about a missing function in some shell script.   I believe the firmware got corrupted.

Does anyone know how I can successfully update the built-in WLC and AP in this router?   I have a tftp server running.  The web interface on the management address always failed.   I wasn't successful at using it to update the firmware.

The WLC is currently running 8.5.110.0 of ME.   Here's part of my show version from the AP.

Cisco AP Software, (ap1g5), C1100, RELEASE SOFTWARE
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2015 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Sat Dec  9 22:17:40 PST 2017

ROM: Bootstrap program is U-Boot boot loader
BOOTLDR: U-Boot boot loader Version 39

My_WAP0 uptime is 0 days, 1 hours, 20 minutes
Last reload time   : Sat Jan 19 18:13:36 UTC 2019
Last reload reason : reload command

cisco ISR-AP1100AC-B ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l) with 1016204/547540K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID <masked>
AP Running Image     : 8.5.110.0
Primary Boot Image   : 8.5.110.0
Backup Boot Image    : 8.8.111.0
AP Image type    : MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE
AP Configuration : MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE
1 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
2 802.11 Radios
Radio FW version : bf3aa0616bc29c4fdf83980e239109c5
NSS FW version : not available

Part Number                          : 0-0000-00
Top Assembly Part Number             : 074-112699-02
Top Revision Number                  : C0
Product/Model Number                 : ISR-AP1100AC-B

Does anyone know how I can get the WLC and AP to download the images again?   For whatever reason, when I'm on the AP and I try to use tftp to download, the IP address it shows from the Wireless AP (it should be 10.0.0.3) is showing up as 6.149.172.48.   I can see the AP trying to connect, but the TFTP server cannot reach it, because that IP doesn't exist.   Not sure where it's coming from.   I try telling the WLC to download using transfer download command, but it ignores the filename that I put and it'll only download if the zip file is uncompressed, but the tftp server shows it's only downloading version.info and then logs show it's trying to push the update to the AP, which always fails.

Who Me Too'd this topic