Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

RV340W Falling Offline Without Failing Over

Kelan.Vogel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an RV340W in deployment that has been giving me issues for a few months now. WAN 1 is connected to our modem and WAN 2 is connected to a Cradlepoint. The Cradlepoint was installed because the network kept dropping out. We had the ISP come and do signal testing and they gave us a clean bill of health, and they even swapped the modem for piece of mind. We tested the failover from WAN 1 to WAN 2 by disconnecting the modem and the Cradlepoint took over without issue. However, the problem we were originally seeing still persists and the router is not failing over as programmed. The router becomes unreachable and the network and all associated devices fall offline. We are able to get the network back online by rebooting the router, but there are no error logs indicating the what the problem is on the router:

"2019-04-10T07:48:55-08:00 <alert>Webfilter: Webfilter application damonized successfully !!!!
2019-04-10T07:48:55-08:00 <alert>Webfilter: Webfilter application damonizing !!!
2019-04-10T07:48:23-08:00 <critical>xl2tpd: setsockopt recvref[30]: Protocol not available
2019-04-09T16:50:54-08:00 <alert>system: domain name= and hostname=ats-jmla-router configured"

Router fell offline shortly after the critical log above.

I'm not sure what's causing the entire network to fall offline without WAN 1 failing over to WAN 2. 

I've read through some articles that say it could be an issue with having IPV6 dual stack disabled: https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/rv320-connection-drop-with-single-wan/td-p/2533824

I have IPV6 enabled with DHCP Prefix Delegation enabled and the issue remains.

Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Who Me Too'd this topic