Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

CAT9K network essential license question

jwornstaff
Level 1
Level 1

So I received my first CAT 93000 in prep for upcoming recap this year. It's a C9300-24T with Network Essentials and DNA Essentials. My issue is that both the Network Essentials and DNA Essentials license is showing to be running in "EVAL" mode.

I'm new to the whole smart licensing thing, but I have Smart License account and would have assumed the DNA required Smart License activation but not the network essentials. I would have though that the base license would be perpetual from the factory since this is the switch type we bought.

My question is this normal, that is do both license need to be activated/registered right out of the box? Or should the switch come with at least the base license activated??

Also, this is an air gap system, so no internet connection for call-home registration.  I have some make shift procedure for doing the manual registration via the smart license portal but my second issue is that Cisco never dumped any license into my smart account for out purchases, so nothing there to register against.

My Cisco reps are looking to the missing license but haven't explained the why network essentials is not registered from the factory.

This process is way too time consuming and confusing when you have 100s of devices to roll out.....

Who Me Too'd this topic