Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

DHCP 30s delay

djay_cdxi
Level 1
Level 1

Our server team advise us to check the L2 switch on the issue that the DHCP server running in windows has a 30s delay when leasing an IP address to a workstation. Connection is only through local area network. The DHCP server and the workstation are connected to an L2 switch. All in the same VLAN which is the default.

Average branch has 10 devices/workstation and there are branches that only 2 or 3 workstation that encounter the delay. There are also branches that all workstation encounter the delay and there are branches that do not experience any delay on their workstation. We have around 100+ branches and so far there are 26 confirmed branches that experience this problem. Switch configuration is the same for all switches. I was advise to implement portfast on all access port since we have a pvst spanning tree configured on the switch.

Question: If we implement portfast, why does other workstation/branches doesn't experience the same problem given that all switches has no portfast configured on all ports? How do we resolve this?

Who Me Too'd this topic