cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Packet Tracer 7.2.x Bugs

Hi,

Packet tracer 7.2.x branch have bugs that makes it annoying and somehow useless.

I was using PT version 6.3 first which was good, but then i decided to move to version 7.2 but I've faced a handful of annoying bugs:

PT v7.2.0:

Beside asking for login to netacad.com every time i opened PT, The most annoying bug was using "default int fas0/0" command which makes PT crash and makes a minidump.

PT v7.2.1:

If my topology being open for like a day, no matter how many times I've saved it, after re-opening that project i get this message: "There are some unsaved IOT devices". but my topology is OK and everything was saved and works fine.

PT v7.2.2:

First, the official setup was almost 100MB smaller in size than previous v7.2.1 setup.

Second, There are a lot of GUI bugs like not showing any cursor icons when i select any of toolbar functions like "Inspect (P)", "Delete(Del)", "Add note(N)", "Draw line/rect(R)", "Simple PDU (P)" and ....

Another GUI bug is when i try to select some nodes using mouse, the border line doesn't disappear for couple of seconds.

The saving function bug which I've mentioned earlier for v7.2.1 is still present also.

----------------

Now i'm back to v6.3 but i hope someone from PT dev team read my topic and fix these bugs without introducing more bugs in future releases.

Who Me Too'd this topic