Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Proximity with On Prem and Cloud registration

dbeards
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Q: Can an on premise deployment of IM&P with Jabber 12.7 utilise proximity on both on premise and cloud registered VC devices?

Background: We have a mixture of endpoints, SX80, SX20, SX10, Webex Roomkit and Webex Roomit Plus. The SX series devices are registered on premise to CUCM 12.5, while the Roomkit devices are cloud registered.

We only recently upgraded CUCM to 12.5, and with this upgrade we also introduced Jabber, installing version 12.7. What I've found is I am able to pair a Windows 10 laptop running Jabber to an on premise registered device, however I am unable to detect a cloud registered device. Conversely, on the same laptop I can run Webex Teams and pair with a cloud registered device, but I am unable to pair with an on prem registered device, so I do know the laptop is operating correctly.

So as I posed above, can Jabber on prem pair with both on prem registered devices as well as cloud registered devices? FYI the preference currently is to use Jabber for proximity rather than Webex Teams.

David

Who Me Too'd this topic