Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Chat Window Order

Richard S.
Level 1
Level 1

We are now using Jabber Version 12.7.0.38632 Build 288632 and this version is doing a behavior that is quite annoying to many of us.  If you have a number of chats open in the conversation windows, the newest message will move that person (or group) to the top of the list.  When it's not busy, not biggie.  When there is a lot going on, things keep moving around - we as humans "know" where that chat was and we are looking for it, and when it moves some place else, it makes it harder on us. 

Example, I am chatting with someone (top of the list) and another person (2nd' in the list) while a group chat is going on (3rd in the list).  When I click to go to the group chat, and chat there....then the 2nd person sends me a message - I expect to go to the 2nd chat listed, but that they got moved to the 1st spot, which moves others down.    

This constant changing order is bad - while it may sound helpful always put the most recent at the top, chats are fluid and engaging, and moving things around in real-time within real-time communications is bad customer experience.  

Where can I "check a box" to keep them still where I want them?

Who Me Too'd this topic