Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Packet broker connectivity to ACI

dsdurkin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to figure out if you can and how you would connect a passive packet broker to the fabric.  I want to use this for l4-l7 copy service to an IDS connected to the packet broker.  The packet broker itself is not an endpoint; there is no IP address on it and no mac for the interface that receives traffic (it would never transmit on this interface).  It seems relatively straightforward (in that i have read the guide 100 times and seems like it's possible) to set up a copy service, but I cannot find anything on how you'd actually physically connect and configure the access policy for the packet broker physical port.  I find some vague references to l4-l7 devices needing to be learned as endpoints, but I don't understand how that would be possible if the device isn't doing any data plan functions.   In a traditional switching environment, it'd basically be a span destination.    And it needs to be l4-l7 service because i want to be able to selectively copy from various contracts.  And even potentially service chain with PBR l4-l7 (which I do have working). 

I have read in the Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure Policy-Based Redirect Service Graph Design White Paper that this would be conceptually possible, but it's lacking in detail on how you actually do it (or at least details I understand).  

Is anyone else finding the Cisco documentation somewhat lacking when it comes to configuring real use cases?  

I'm running 4.2.

Who Me Too'd this topic