Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Converting 9115AXI-B CAPWAP to 9115X-EWC

HmksInc67088
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all - I just got 6 9115AXI-B access points for a new office.  I was told by Cisco and my reseller that when I received them I could follow this upgrade process to turn one into a controller for the rest.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-on-catalyst-access-points/215303-embedded-wireless-controller-conversion.html

I did everything in the instructions as indicated but after all the upgrading and rebooting the device doesn't seem to be working correctly anymore.

The CLI does come up and I can type commands but the ethernet interface will not work at all.  I can no longer get any network communication to/from the device even though it previously worked just fine in CAPWAP mode to update the software.

Additionally the access point is not broadcasting any kind of provisioning SSID nor will the mobile phone app work either.

Currently I can only access the device through the CLI (can't even ping).  The LED on top is also cycling through all its colors (red, blue, green) repeatedly.

Any help would be really appreciated.  I've only ever dealt with physical WLC devices with 18xx or lower APs.

Who Me Too'd this topic