Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

9800 CLI/SSH wireless show command output slow

jasonm002
Level 1
Level 1

Output of wireless related show commands like 'show wireless client summary detail', 'show ap dot11 5ghz summary', or 'show ap summary' on the 9800 CLI is very slow. It takes ~42 seconds to display data on ~2700 clients on a 9800-40 if you disable paging. This has been the case in 17.3, 17.6, and 17.9.

On the 5520 controller on any AireOS version >= 8.5 'show ap summary', 'show client summary', or 'show advanced 802.11a summary' only takes a couple of seconds at most to output around the same amount of clients and APs. I'm only noticing this because we're running wireless controllers with >=1000 APs and >=2700 clients. 

Something is happening on the 9800 in all IOS XE versions that is causing a big performance hit to SSH output of wireless data which makes it very annoying to verify operational parameters for example.

I don't really have time to open a TAC case on this one, but this issue should be extremely easy to reproduce in a lab environment. Someone at Cisco with a lab environment should really spin up some virtual APs and clients and test it - it's a pretty big performance decrease going from 5520 to 9800 which is not what we want to see for a new flagship product I would expect.

Who Me Too'd this topic