cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Aironet 1240AG error - "Previous authentication no longer valid" Help!

natewyork
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I am an IT professional that is installing my first extended range wireless AP in my companies warehouse. I am very excited!

Now I have set up many a linksys and repeater wireless networks, so when I was looking into the Aironet 1240AG I thought ?No Problem!?

And at first, it is not!

I have the AP and antenna set up here in my office before I take it out and mount it in the warehouse. And I can get connected to it, no security for now, no filters, I just want to connect and make it work.

I stay connected for maybe 3 minutes, I can get to the internet, I can ping all my servers. Full connectivity. But then for no reason the connection fails and I cannot reconnect.

The error I get in the log is

Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station 0006.2510.bbe3 Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid

So strange! So I have reset the AP to factory defaults and then set the SSID, and I can connect, again for a second, then nothing.

I have tried with multiple wireless cards, even laptops. Thinking maybe the problem was on the computer side.

But now I believe I must have some setting wrong.

Could someone please shed some light on this situation for me! I searched the forums but could not find this error message in this context.

Thanks!

Nate York

Who Me Too'd this topic