Views
Helpful
Replies

Advanced routing help

r46792
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

I've got two Rv042 connected with a gateway to gateway vpn, working well for both sides. One of them is located at my HQ office.This rv042 has a dual-wan connection enabled and one is connected to the internet and the other to my intranet at some other place. The useras that are conected to my RV042 A in the HQ can access resources from the DMZ Connection (Intranet) and  the VPN clients can access too. But..how can i made my Branch office users connected to the Rv042 B to access resources in the intranet at RV042 A side?..please see jpg attached..any help is appreciated

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi fernando,

In the HQ Rv042, you have a tunnel going to a remote site with  users on the IP network of  192.168.0.0 .

Did you setup the remote security  group for that tunnel  with a subnet  mask of  255.255.255.0  or 255.255.0.0?

If it's the later it could stop access for the remote branch.

Anyway,  to come to a conslusion , someone may have to look at the configurations on your routers, as there isn't enough information or screen captures in your posting..

regards dave

Thanks Dave!

In the remote branch the remote secure group is set up as

Local Security Group Type = subnet and the settings are ipaddress= 192.168.0.0 subnetmask= 255.255.255.0

As we have 2 networks in the RV042 at HQ (One in the 192.168.0.0 and the other connected to the DMZ 10.42.28.0) How should configure the remote security group?

i guess my only option is range..but how to reach the 10x.x.x and 192.x.x.x at the same time?

My other guess is to configure a client to gateway option instead gateway to gateway..would this help?

Again ..the clients that connects using the VPN Client nor the PPTP can access both networks...how this happen?

thanks again for you help

Regards