cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

All Cisco RV Routers EOL. Perhaps new CBR line coming?

WAB-IT
Level 1
Level 1

So the Cisco Small Business RV340, RV345, RV 160, RV260, RV345P, RV340W, RV260W, RV260P and RV160W VPN Router has all reached EOS & EOL.  That's every small business router that Cisco currently has.  Per Cisco, there is currently no product migration replacement available for these routers.

I think there is going to be a new router product line introduced called CBR (Cisco Business Router), that will be white in color.  To match the CBS (Cisco Business Switch) and CBW (Cisco Business Wireless) small business product lines that have been recently released and are white in color.

Why would Cisco be holding out from announcing the replacement for the RV routers?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

There is a Cisco CBR on the pipeline but we can't commit to any release dates. Since then there will be no replacement models for the EoS/EoLed RV series. We would eventually recommend as an alternative ISRs or Meraki routers.

Thanks

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not see any end of date some models example RV34X

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/series.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The RV34X represent the series.  The models that are in the RV34X series are...

• RV340 — Dual WAN with four LAN ports
  • RV340W — Dual WAN with four LAN ports and an integrated 802.11ac wireless access point
  • RV345 — Dual WAN with 16 LAN ports
  • RV345P - Dual WAN with 16 LAN ports, 8 being PSE (PoE) ports

All of those are now EOS EOL as of October 28, 2021.

Not that i am aware of they still selling.

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Please read this that was just released by Cisco on October 28, 2021

Last Ship Date: The last-possible ship date that can be requested of Cisco and/or its contract manufacturers. Actual ship date is dependent on lead time. October 28, 2021

End-of-Sale Date: The last date to order the product through Cisco point-of-sale mechanisms. The product is no longer for sale after this date. October 28, 2021

Hi,

There is a Cisco CBR on the pipeline but we can't commit to any release dates. Since then there will be no replacement models for the EoS/EoLed RV series. We would eventually recommend as an alternative ISRs or Meraki routers.

Thanks

Thanks for confirming what I had a gut feeling about!  I have always felt the RV series looked out of place aesthetically with the new small business switches and ap's.  When Cisco released the new small business AP's, Switches, & Mesh Extenders with no support contract or licensing required, Cisco stole my business from Netgear, Ubiquity, and MikroTik.   I have deployed 2 different networks using all Cisco Small Business gear, and I have had a very good experience.  The last network I deployed was only about 2 weeks ago, in which I used a RV340.  Yesterday, I started the process of acquiring new hardware for a 3 deployment and that is when I ran across the info about the RV340..  I was like WTF, EOS EOL RV340!!!   

So now with no RV340 and no CBR launch date, you guys leave me in a weird position with what I should do about this 3rd deployment I need to get done...  I thought I had all this figured out...   I'm just a tad bit frustrated....

DTNEnterprise
Level 1
Level 1

This is typical Cisco. EOL and EOS a product line before they have a viable alternative ready for market. They really need to get their act together.

David-81
Level 1
Level 1

In my company we have many RV340, RV260 deployed these need to be replaced before October 28 2022 when to my understanding there will be no more software fixes for security vunerabilities.

We tried Meraki security, due to the shortage of components it took 3 months to get our test units, during testing they hade some problems and where not impressive considering the additional cost. So meraki will not replace the RV's.

Is there any sort of ETA on when the Cisco Business Router - CBR will be released? We will need to start replacing the RV's and it would be a shame if we hade to look at a another brand, we already deploy UniFi on new installations since there are no Cisco Small Business routers to buy.

Some of the Clients have bought Umbrella RV-license and Anyconnect for longer terms, 3 year, these will be useless when we cant use the RV-routers any more.

GKToronto
Level 1
Level 1

It would be nice to get some clarity about the future. I understand the Cisco employees who monitor this forum may not have the authority to tell us, but perhaps they can provide feedback internally so that decision-makers are aware that customers are concerned about this....

Hopefully some of these supply-chain problems will diminish, so that they can launch the new products by the summer, and we can then upgrade before the fall EOL kicks in.

Otherwise, it would be great if Cisco would consider extending the EOL dates by a few months, to permit transitions to their new products when they (eventually) are available for sale. (i.e. provide us 3 to 6 months after they hit the market, to upgrade) I've used Cisco dual WAN routers for many years now, and don't want to switch to other brands....

GKToronto
Level 1
Level 1

Any news on an upgrade path for those of us with RV340 or RV345 routers which are "end of life" for October 28, 2022? There have been a few threads about this in the past, which mentioned the upcoming "Cisco Business Router", but it still hasn't been released, as far as I can tell.

Perhaps the end-of-life should be adjusted beyond October 28, 2022, so we can continue to get security updates until an upgrade path is identified?

CoreyP319
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey GKToronto,

Thanks for your interest in news on this product line. There's no official announcements regarding this line but right now we do not have a Cisco Business Router on the product roadmap. That may change in short order, but for now do not count on new routers being released at least through this year and well into next year. Meraki Go routers would be the logical replacement for the time being.

I'll share your feedback on adjusting the end-of-life with the team.

GKToronto
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply, Corey....it's disappointing that the Cisco Business Router hasn't been released yet, but understandable given the global supply chain disruptions, etc. Hopefully the end-of-life of existing products can be adjusted until the new routers are available.

It doesn't appear that the Meraki Go products support dual WAN (which was an important feature of the RV series):

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Make-a-Wish-Feature-Requests/Higher-throughput-router-hardware/m-p/96579
https://community.meraki.com/t5/Questions-and-Answers/Multiple-WAN-ports/m-p/86065

although the Meraki MX models do support dual WAN:

https://meraki.cisco.com/product/security-sd-wan/small-branch/mx68/
https://meraki.cisco.com/technologies/failover-and-ha

The new business routers release has been announced for this autumn.

So, please be patient.

@nbutlev wrote:

The new business routers release has been announced for this autumn.

So, please be patient.

Thanks for your reply. Do you have a link to that release announcement? (I couldn't find it)