cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking URLs prefix - RV220W (answered)

davidpw01
Level 1
Level 1

We have a requirement to blovk all WEB sites in a certain country. Is it possible to use URLS blocking to block all WEB sites that end in .xy  where xy is the country to block. It seems as though the router ignores the '.' and blocks all URLs that have xy anywhere within them.

thanks,

David

** Forgot to specify the router model - it is RV220W running latest firmware - 1.04.17

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi David I´m glad you found this answer helpful, it would be a great idea a filter such that

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Regards

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi David, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. You can deny sites using “Keyword” such “cisco” or using ip addresses such 192.168.52.0, however you can not block countries such Costa Rica (.co.cr) nor Spain (.es),

Happy holidays!!!

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Thanks for the confirmation post.

If there is ever a function upgrade it would be great to be able to specify a wildcard such as “*.es” to block Spanish sites.

So far the router has performed well. Have tested VLAN functionality (restricting access to wired devices for an SSID), scheduled rules and all seems OK. We do have some slowdowns for internet access  but we are not sure that the router is to blame. Yet to test VPNs.

Regards,

David

Hi David I´m glad you found this answer helpful, it would be a great idea a filter such that

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: