cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 3750G Switch Configured VLAN port will not communicate with RVS4000 LAN port

jpellis3679
Level 1
Level 1

There are 5 VLAN's and all can communicate through all the different subnets, but VLAN5 can not communicate to the RVS 4000. 

VLAN Smart Port set to switch and router - this is not working

What Smart Port configuration should be set up to talk to the LAN port on a RVS4000?

VPN is set up and connected, but when trying to connect to the client can not connect to remote networks.

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jason, the RVS4000 does not support intervlan communication with VPN. If you want your vlan 5 subnet to work over a VPN you will need to make a second tunnel for the vlan 5 subnet.

Smart port settings I suspect won't do the 3750 any good (aside allowing enough hosts via port security...). The reason being there is no CDP or any other advertisements from the router.

The RVS4000 if my memory serves me correctly will only support 4 vlans. So if you have vlan 1,2,3,4 trunked to a port connecting to the 3750, those are working fine, it is good. However, a 5th vlan will not work since the router does not support 5 total vlans.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: