Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR1000 more WAN ports

Hey team

So, i have a question about the Cisco ISR1000 or C1000 equipment.
Some say that they support 2 WAN ports and 8 LAN ports. My question is, if I have a another WAN link, can I use any of these LAN ports? Does anyone have any ideas... or is it only limited to 2 WANs per device? 2 WAN ports is that's all ?

wmendozaOpenlink_0-1683559190370.png

wmendozaOpenlink_1-1683559224190.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @wmendozaOpenlink,

As concerned the use of LAN ports for WAN connectivity, it's unlikely that you can directly utilize the LAN ports for WAN connections without additional hardware or configuration changes. The LAN ports on these routers are typically intended for local network connectivity, such as connecting to local devices or switches. WAN connections usually require specialized interfaces, such as Ethernet WAN ports or specific WAN modules.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @wmendozaOpenlink,

As concerned the use of LAN ports for WAN connectivity, it's unlikely that you can directly utilize the LAN ports for WAN connections without additional hardware or configuration changes. The LAN ports on these routers are typically intended for local network connectivity, such as connecting to local devices or switches. WAN connections usually require specialized interfaces, such as Ethernet WAN ports or specific WAN modules.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1 wired WAN port + 1 x 4G/5G modem.