Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV110W connection dropping

nickreid90
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Wondering if someone could help me,

I purchased a Cisco RV110W box a month ago and have finally got round to setting it up but I'm experiencing connection issues and have to reboot the box for it to work again, I'm currently running the latest firmware version 1.2.0.10.

I have a PPPOE connection on the WAN port with the correct credentials as the status page shows my internet IP address and the WAN light is green, I also have 4 VLAN's configured.

When trying to access the router externally I am unable to and have to ask someone to reboot it then I can but after a few minutes it will start playing up. Is there somewhere I can access log files to see if the connection is dropping on the router.

Thanks Nick

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I have resolved the problem it was to do with the MTU size.

Thanks Nick

View solution in original post

I'm glad to hear it was a simple fix like the MTU. :)

I believe you need to have a syslog server to get complete logs (especially when you have a lockup/reboot issue like you did), although looking at the incoming and outgoing logs can be good for basic diagnosis.  I hope you never need to look at the logs now that everything is working!

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

There are logs you can look at, but the first thing I would do is upgrade/downgrade the firmware until you have it working correctly.  As long as that firmware version works for everything else you need, I would just stick with it.  Don't worry if it's an older version--firmware versions are more like 'feature sets'.

Hi Samir,

I have just changed the MTU size of my PPPOE connection by the one suggested by my ISP 1458

MTU:AutoManual
Size:  Bytes (Range: 576 - 1492, Default: 1492)

and also selected 

Keep Alive: Redial period  seconds  (Range: 20 - 180, Default: 30)

Im going to see if this helps the connectivity if not can you help me locate log files?

Thanks Nick

I have resolved the problem it was to do with the MTU size.

Thanks Nick

I'm glad to hear it was a simple fix like the MTU. :)

I believe you need to have a syslog server to get complete logs (especially when you have a lockup/reboot issue like you did), although looking at the incoming and outgoing logs can be good for basic diagnosis.  I hope you never need to look at the logs now that everything is working!