Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV160 Client-to-Lan VPN configure

LittlePeach
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just bought a Cisco RV160 Small Business VPN router. I wanted to use a Client-to-Lan VPN with this to work from home remotly, but I can't configure it correctly. Can somebody help me with this please?

I want that when I connect to the VPN from home I could use the network shared folders and the programs which run via remote network. 

On my laptop have a Windows 10 system, If I can I want to use the Windows built in VPN client to connect to the company.

At the company we have FIX IP, for example 1.1.1.1

Our Local Lan network: 192.168.0.0, 255.255.255.0

In the router configuration I went to VPN -> IPSec VPN -> Client-to-Site page.

I see this:

cisco.jpg

At the VPN -> VPN Passtrough I enabled all 3 VPN method.

I tried to add a new VPN connection in Windows, I wrote in to the host my fix ip, and I tried to use the admin user to connect to the company network but it didn't work.

How could I setup this VPN?

Thank you for the answares.

2 Replies 2

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If you'd like to use the built-in Windows 10 L2TP VPN client you can follow the step-by-step guide (attached document).

Regards,

Martin

Hi, Thank you for the instructions.

I did the steps as I read. I used the default admin group and I created a new IpSec profile.

My problem is that I don't have the L2TP Server option, only the IpSec VPN Client-to-Lan option as you look in the picture what I attached.

In the Picture you can see that I have a Remote Identifier topic what I don't know what is. That topic don't have in the pdf what you attached.