cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV180 and a Linksys Wireless router- create a route

moraishogarth
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco RV180 and a Linksys Wireless router. The rv180 is on the 192.168.0.0/24 network and the Linksys is in the 192.168.2.0/24 network. From any device connected to the wireless router I am able to ping the 192.168.0.1 gateway, however once I am on the 19.168.0.0 network I cannot ping the 192.168.2.1 gateway.

I tried creating a static route

Destination IP add: 192.168.2.0

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway IP add: 192.168.0.1

This still had no effect. Just wondering if it was how I was configuring it. Just looking  for some assistance.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I think I can help you but I would like to have some more information.

1- What is the purpose of this configuration? (Im assuming you are trying to add wireless capabilities to your network?).

2- Which router is connected to the modem? How are the two routers connected (from what port to what port?)

3- Lastly, do you really want to have two different subnets? Or is this the only way you found that it could work? If there was a way to have both routers suing the same subnet, would you prefer that or would you like to keep the two different subnets?

Please answer the questions and I will be happy to tell you what needs to be done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: