cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV320 Can't connect to VPN, please help.

gyannelis1
Level 1
Level 1

So I have RV320 and I'm trying to get my VPN working. I'm running the latest firmware. The way I set up the VPN is I went under VPN, Client To Gateway, then configured an "Easy VPN" connection type. I gave the tunnel a name, enabled it, setup a password, selected WAN1 interface (double checked that it was the one that was connected) , checked the Enable box and tried but Full Tunnel and Split Tunnel modes with the same result.

On the remote PC I installed Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 5.0.07.0440, gave it a name, put in the host, checked "Group Authentication" and put in the name and password (the tunnel name and password from the above step)

When I click the connect button on the client it thinks for a little while then I get "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 412:The remote peer is no longer responding.

In the RV320 log I see a message in the log that says  "packet from 192.168.1.254:500: [Tunnel Authorize Fail] no connection has been authorized with policy=PSK+AGGRESSIVE+XAUTHPSK+XAUTHSERVER"

ignore the IP address but you get the idea from the rest of the message

Any help would be extremely appreciated, I've been pulling my hair out on this, thank you, George

2 Replies 2

gyannelis1
Level 1
Level 1

So the problem was with my ISP, they were at least somewhat blocking the port. The only way I was able to get it to work was to purchase a static IP from them because they don't block any ports with their static IP addresses

Thanks. I will keep this in mind. I am planning to have a support session with Cisco on Monday (RV320 still under warranty).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: