Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV345 not booting up

mikeb29
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My RV345P has suddenly died.

It's powering on but I don't get any link lights on the switch ports. 

The WAN interface port lights up as well as power.

I've plugged a console cable in and I see this:

Capture.PNG

It looks like it's having trouble loading the Cisco image?

The unit was not in the middle of an update - it just suddenly became unresponsive for an hour - unpingable - so I was forced to power cycle it.

Is it fried?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Most probably (fried) as nothing was being done with the device in terms of firmware upgrade, you may try the firmware recovery procedure from the thread below  :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/rv325-won-t-boot/td-p/2766799

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

No joy I'm afraid.

The DIAG light doesn't come on and no link on port1 - it's like the switch has not even been initialised.

I just get the message from the serial:

Active Image validation error
Copying Barebox from NAND Flash(bootopt=2) @offset = 0x80000
Reading ...
Done...Bytes read 0x80000
Image header CRC check failed

Image validation error
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

Is there a way to boot off the USB with an image?

- I doubt it , have a factory defaults reset of the device,  I doubt this will help , more about (standard) firmware upgrade methodologies can be found here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5506-upgrade-firmware-on-an-rv34x-series-router.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: