cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DPH154 Micro-cell will not Connect with RV320

Mark Lavendoski
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco makes the AT&T DPH154 Micro-Cell so I would hope there is a working solution for this. I have contacted AT&T support for this and the only answers they offer are: (1) power down any internet modem and router and restart, and (2) open these ports in firewall;

------------ Quote from their document --------------

"AT&T Microcell Firewall and Router Settings for Advanced Installations

Instructions:

Overview 

If the AT&T Microcell is not working after it's connecting to the router/gateway, first try the basic troubleshooting steps contained in the User Guide.  If the MicroCell still will not connect to the AT&T network (as indicated by a continuous blinking network light), then use the following instructions to check the router settings and change them, as needed.   Please contact the router manufacturer or the ISP provider to obtain assistance with configuring the router settings.

Normally, just plugging the Microcell into the router/gateway is all that is required. However, sometimes router/gateway settings have been changed or the Microcell will not connect properly.  This section will show how to change the settings for some popular modems/routers to enable the Microcell to connect successfully. 

Procedure 
NOTE:  Please be advised that the router manufacture or the ISP provider will not provide support for AT&T Microcell, but they can assist with configuring the router settings.

• DHCP is on
  • Data is not restricted from passing through ports 4500 and 500 (AKA Port Blocking). 
  • MTU size is set to 1492
  • MAC address filtering is either turned off or allowing the MAC address of the AT&T Microcell
  • IPSec Pass-Through is Enabled
  • Block Fragmented Packets is Disabled
  • If using multiple routers, the Microcell must be connected to the first router connected to the broadband modem
  • If the Microcell is connected to a router that is connected to a modem and both the router and the modem have NAT (Network Address Translation) enabled, disable NAT either in the router or the modem.
  • Ensure the modem / router is using the latest software (firmware). Please see the manufacturer's documentation.
  • TCP/UDP Ports
    NOTE:  All ports listed need to be configured for inbound and outbound connections.
    • 123/UDP: NTP timing (NTP traffic)
    • 443/TCP: Https over TLS/SSL for provisioning and management traffic
    • 4500/UDP: IPSec NAT Traversal (for all signaling, data, voice traffic)
    • 500/UDP: IPSec Phase 1 prior to NAT detection (after NAT detection, 4500/UDP is used)
    • 4500/UDP: After NAT detection, 4500/UDP is used "

-------------------------------------

I have done all the above, including factory default RV320 router (w newest firmware) with no success.

However when I substitute router w / used ones I have around the Micro-cell works fine; ie Linksys WRT120N, WRT-54G, Netgear WNR2000 (all residential grade). I want to use a more robust router as the RV320.

Must be some setting(s) somehow to accomplish this.

Thank You.

2 Replies 2

Mark Lavendoski
Level 1
Level 1

Additional information;

The Micro-cell never is handed a DHCP IP address by the RV320, so it seems the Micro-cell cannot continue with its boot-up - only gets to power light and intermittent blinking internet / network light. Conversely, when Micro-cell is connected to one of other routers listed in this post it receives a DHCP lease within a minute and continues to successfully boot-up and connect to AT&T service, therefore all its status lights go solid green.

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Is there a way to assign a static IP to the dph154?  If so, then you could just do that and avoid dhcp altogether.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com