cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exempting websites from URL filter

racetalker1320
Level 1
Level 1

Using an ISA500 series router with URL filtering enabled.  I have a website that I would like to increase transmission speed on as it is dropping off at times.  The STARPARTS application with Chrysler appears to need all the help it can get to stay as a stable connection.  My thought was to setup a wild card exemption on all sites that included *.chrysler.* to try and improve response.  My thought process being that this high bandwidth consuming application would benefit from an unfettered access to the internet. 

So, that being said, can I exempt particular URL's from filtering and increase the response speed?

Sincerely,

John Odoj

1 Reply 1

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

John,

You can "Whitelist" a URL or URL Keyword by adding it to the Policy Profile. If it is not getting blocked already then it will have no effect. If it is getting blocked, it will unblock the URL or URL with that keyword. I don't think there is a way to speed up access to any given website.

- Marty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: