cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finding Interface Description Documents for NIM-1T, NIM-2T and NIM-4T Serial Interface Cards

I am working with a 4221 routers with a NIM-1T in one router and a NIM-2T in the other.  I am trying to help troubleshoot the communications issue from 1980's technology type equipment.  I am trying to find Cisco documentation that will give me pin-out information/assignments and operations of the serial cards so I can confirm the SYNCHRONOUS operations between this 1980's (outdated system).  Can anyone point in the direction of this information so I can finish this project?   I have pin out  diagrams, cable schematics and the pin-out information of my older equipment, but nothing for the serial cards or the router? The serial interface is an RS-422/485 SYNCHRONOUS system with the nodes being 85 miles apart. Serial over IP, and encryption in the path.  My predecessors have a portion of the system working but are not able to get this last remaining piece to work.  I am interested in troubleshooting this problem at the signal level and looking for the information to support that effort.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

2 Replies 2

Hello Luis Cordova,

Thank you for the input, however this is not what I am looking for?  I need an ICD style document that gives me the pin-outs for the external connector, the signals that are on that pin (ie DTR, DSR,+XMT,-XMT...etc.).  This link is not an ICD and does not help me identify if the out put of my antiques are making to the right pins, through the network to the destination antique device.  It is wonderful working with organizations that are working with equipment that is 40 years old?

Thanks

Best regards

Jeff