cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting a specific PC to only use WAN 1 on an RV082 with Dual Wan set up

freeness4
Level 1
Level 1

Using dual wan, I am trying to get 2 PCs to only use WAN 1 for all traffic.  I've tried bandwidth management and protocol management, but about half of the time I go to whatismyip.com it shows me the IP of WAN 2.

Bandwidth management, using rate control, seemed pretty straight forward, but it didn't work.  

With protocol management, I'm not certain what to put in for the destination IP range.  I want all traffic to/from all external sources for internal IP 192.168.0.10-19 to use WAN 1 exclusively.  

How can I set this up?  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

slstratt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello freeness4,

Thank you for using the Small Business Support Community!

Have you tried using the Smart Link Backup option on the RV082? Go to System Management > Dual WAN, and click on the Smart Link Backup option. Specify the primary WAN interface, and the router should use it until it goes down, at which point it will switch to the other as backup. Each WAN port can be configured individually in the Interface Setting table.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here and I'll do my best to help you!

Best,

Taylor

I want to use load balancing, not smart link back up.  I figured it out.  In protocol management, I had all ports for 192.168.0.0 to .199 set for WAN 2, but that cause total failure for all those IPs.  I set it to 192.168.0.100 to 199 and that worked.  I'm assuming I could have used 192.168.0.2 to 199 but .0 and .1 are what caused the failure.