cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you change the default 192.168.1.0/24 on a RV260W router?

How do you change the default 192.168.1.0/24 on a RV260W router?  thank you

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Balaji,

thank you for the advice - I was able to set up a 2nd VLAN...where I was getting mislead was the IP subnet field registered Invalid IP range as I was typing...it was only after I completed the IP address that the error message went away.

I tagged the ports on the router to use this VLAN. I saved the "running" configuration on the "start up" configuration - rebooted the router - changes were saved.... yet...when I do a IPCONFIG /ALL I don't get a IP Address from this new VLAN...I still get the default 192.168.1.x IP address...any advice is appreciated. See screen shot - my computer is plugged into Port 2

Capture.JPG

Thank you. My bad for not being more specific...I want to use an entirely new subnet range 1.1.x.x but with the RV260W router...I can only add a new VLAN using the subnet 192.168.x.x range...I want to get away from 192.168 altogether...

yes that is what the document give you ability create your own address space, if you like to change your LAN address from 192.X to what ever you like to as long as you confrigured your DHCP / LAN address as per your requirement.

Hope your LAN IP not the Public IP right ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help