cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I am using Verizon FiOS PPPoE on the RV180w and the PPTP does not work.

jefricllc
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone found a solution to this.

I am using an RV180w, with firmware 1.0.3.10.

Up until recently I was able to create a VPN connection from my internal windows 7 dsktops, through the RV10w to remote Windows servers on the Internet.  In the past week it suddenly stopped working.  I have changed NOTHING but the symptoms seem identical to what is described here.

I am using Verizon FiOS PPPoE on the RV180w and the PPTP does not work.

If I use the Verizon ActionTec router, the VPN works fine.

I have factory reset the RV180w multiple times.

Any help woul be greatly appreciated!!

2 Replies 2

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Sounds like something changed on verizon's side if everything was working before.  Do you have vpn passthrough enabled on the rv180?  I'm assuming you're using the built-in windows pptp vpn client.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

rosscsoft
Level 1
Level 1

I had major issues using VPN passthrough with PPTP on the RV180W through a PPPoE internet connection. In the end I gave up - I think there are some PPTP servers that the RV180 just has trouble with.  I had no problems with 3 other routers straight out the box. Unfortunately I lost access to the VPN server before Cisco could fix.

See thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2174283?tstart=0

Its interesting that it used to work and now doesn't - maybe Verizon or the VPN server have had configuration changes?  Or maybe your antivirus has created a different profile for the different router - would be worth temporarily disabling any firewal/antivirus?

It would be good to try a different non-Verizon router if you can get your hands on one to see if Verizon network changes now require special features/settings on the router.