Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSec VPN between 2 RV320

beetles1990
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys and Hello

I bought 2 RV320 (Firmware 1.3.1.12) for our 2 agencies to connect them with IPSec VPN with our headquarter. There I use a Fortinet Fortigate 80D Firewall/router. The VPN between the agencies an the headquarter is working without any problem. The only Thing, which is not working, is the vpn between the two RV320.

The settings for local and remote are correct, just changed for each site of the tunnel. Is there something special, that I can do to get the tunnel up between the two RV320 or are they not combatible to each other? I read some articles, which make me think that this could be. Have you any experinces?

The log-file just says "[g2gips1]: [Tunnel Disconnected] ", which is not very helpful.

I hope someone could give me a hint. I'm working an this now for weeks.

Thx

3 Replies 3

stpa67001
Level 1
Level 1

The RV320 should be compatible with itself shouldn't it? I only have one RV320 so i have no way to test it but i had a working ipsec tunnel between a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite and a RV320 for a few months and it worked well so RV320 to RV320 should work.

Maybe someone who has a tunnel could post some info otherwise i could see if i can dig up my config for the RV320 <=> ER-L tunnel.

Well, I'm not so sure about that, because I can build a working tunnel between the RV320 and some thrid party router, but not between two RV320. Although I'm using exactly the same settings (despite of remote-adress).
So I wanted to know if somebody has a working tunnel between two if these devices. Just to make sure that this isn't the Problem.

I have a RV320 and a RV325 - both same Firmware - connected VPN...

As Long as fixed IP address is in use... all ok...

The Feature dynamic IP doesnt work btw..

Kind regards,

Michael