cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISA500 Help

dturner3571
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new ISA500 Router that I am configuring to be our internal firewall, VPN and wireless router.

This router is connected to another Cisco router managed by our ISP, Their router is in "Bridge mode" 

1. I have configured port forwarding for all HTTP HTTPS traffic to go to my Web server

2. I have configured all e-mail traffic to go to my Exchange server.

Issue:  When I turn on the ISA500 router

VPN --works

Wi-Fi -- works

I can get to the internet on all desktops

E-mail "Sending" works

We cannot recive any e-mail

Since we host our own Web server, no one can access our web server from the outside.

When I disconnect the router and have the ISP turn port forwarding back on, on their router,  I then get the e-mail that was sent eailer.

all is good then.

Any suggestions.

dturner@teiconstruction.com

Message was edited by: Darrell Turner Thank you, I had a Cisco tech look at it on-line and he told me that it was programmed correctly, altoug I still have the same problem.   His sugestion was to ensure that the ports were open on my server. Although The only time I have this issue is when I put this new router in place, so I do not think it is my server.   I do have my ISP router still in place, I was thinking maybe I need them to put their router in Bridge mode??  not sure. 

1 Reply 1

aunrein
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Darrell,

It sounds like the ISA500 might be blocking the email traffic because of a firewall setting. I recommend double checking the configuration for the ISA500's firewall.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Alex