Views
Helpful
Replies

issue with Rv042G dual wan router

yathamr428
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am having a issue with the RV042G dual wan vpn router. i am having two isp connections , one with 40Mbps and second one with 10Mbps . i configured router with load balancing option. but when i do speedtest i am getting only 20Mbps. So can any one help me with this. I am getting around 38mbps at my first modem and 6Mbps at my second modem, but when i connect to the router ,my speeds are dropping down to half. Can any one help me with this issue?

3 Replies 3

Jerry Paul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You should use DMVPN.

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

I'm sorry you are having issues with this.

Lets try to find the problem first. Setup the router for Smart Link Backup and try each connection on its own, do speed test for both and see of they are both behaving the same or one is working worst than the other one.

Mainly check your 40 Mbps and see what is the speed when using the router. Just to let you know, it is normal to see a decrease of 10% to 20% on the speed when using the router just for the overhead, you should still be able to get 30 to 35 Mbps with that connection.

Also go to the firewall and disable SPI and test again.

Please share your results.

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Most speed test sites cannot properly measure multi-wan connections.  I'd run into this all the time when I had 3 WANs on my rv016.

The first thing you need to check is each connection individually like cchamorr pointed out.

Once everything is okay there, I would try running two speed tests on two different systems on the network simultaneously.  These results will vary between the two, but if you add up the results that will give you the total bandwidth you are getting through the router.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: