cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie - Urgent Help Setting-up Quick Virtual Private Network (QVPN) Utility (RV220W).

mr.chavez.j
Level 1
Level 1

New to all this, don't even know is I am directing my question in the right forum category.

Something has come up unexpectedly and I need help to quickly setup a secure Quick Virtual Private Network (QVPN) Utility (RV220W) so I can access my work PC, and ideally network from remote location as soon as possible.

I downloaded  "Quick Virtual Private Network (QVPN) Utility" version 1.4.2.1 software, and installed on local host PC to test, and I received the following error messages:

Quick Virtual Private Network (QVPN) Utility - Connection Error dialog box.

Local Host PC: Host PC: Windows 8.1 Pro (64-Bit)

Firewall: ISP Norton Security Suite

Windows Firewall: Disabled

Same error message when running from Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 (64-Bit)

Note: I tried disabling Norton Security Suite and enabling Windows Firewall, and had the same errors.

31 Replies 31

That would be great. Thanks so much ill be awaiting your msg 

Hello Cory, 

After checking the information that you provided, I discovered that we had an issue with the remote management.

You had it enabled but were accepting connections from a single IP address and that was blocking every other connection.

It appears that after we changed the configuration to accept connections from different addresses it worked.

Please dont forget to mark an answer as correct if it was helpful to you so that other users can benefit from it.