cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering RV345 - router goes "Out of Compliance" & Smart Licensing - "insufficient licenses"

hlcons
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

Just registering RV345-K9 sends router "Out of Compliance" and Smart Licensing says insufficient licenses.  (I loose the two licensees that are suppose to come with the RV345!)

Is this proper behavior?

I was of the understanding that the RV345 came with two RV-Series VPN licenes (Server) out of the box/default.  And that if I didn't need more than two simultaneous SSLVPN users that I didn't need to purchase any additional RV-Series Anyconnect VPN Licensees (Server); just client licenses!

Is this correct?

Thanks,

-hl

6 Replies 6

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 
My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

I think it would be best if you could call our support line and open a support ticket, so we can do a WebEx remote session and check the configuration.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco TAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

hi

can you please the original question...?? what is now correct? I am getting my RV345P delivered soon and am shoked what I read here about the licensing model cisco is using here.. 

regards

dondaniel

Hello,

Can you publish here the solution to this problem! 

I purchased two routers as a "consumer" from Amazon!

one RV345 and one RV345P

Both are up and running, with the Firmware upgrade completed!

Today I just created the Smart Account, I register the router using the token, and... suddenly I'm "Out of compliance" and all security services are down! Even I am a consumer, I have to fill in Company Name!!!

Don't ask me to call and open a ticket, for me seems to be a general problem with this router series, and I want to have the solution posted!

I just deregister my router, in order to have security services active - at least for the trial period!

Till I don't have a solution I'll not touch the second router! Eventually, I'll return them both, accompanied by a review! 

Hello Bogdan_Musat,

Although you have already created a Smart Account with a company name there is an option to register the same with a public domain ID email address. Please find attached the guide on how to request that.

You should not worry about the "Out of Compliance" message on your RV License Authorization Status. That simply means the RV is registered with your Smart Account with the token you had generated but there is an insufficient "RV-Series Security Services License" in your Cisco Smart Account. Once you purchase the security license (LS-RV34X-SEC-1YR) and associate it with your Smart Account that message will disappear and status changed to Authorized. 

When you start the RV340 Series router for the first time, you will be able to evaluate the security features for a period of 90 days. After the 90 day evaluation period, your Cisco RV340 Series router will still be fully functional except that the optional security features will be disabled. Should you wish to re-enable the advanced security features on your router (Dynamic web filter, Internet security and Application Visibility, Client Identification, IPS, and Antivirus.) after the evaluation period, then you must acquire and activate a license. In other words, regardless of you see the "Out of Compliance" message you still have the advanced security features enabled for this 90 days trial period.

Regards,

Martin

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your support. I have a smart account with my private email address.

I know that even after trial expire the router will continue to work only the advanced security services, that will require subscription will stop!

How I see working now: I will continue to use the routers till the trial will expire, then I'l buy the subscription licence. If I try to register the routers, the registration process is killing the trial period!

So when the trial period will expire I'll register the routers and then buy the licenses.

Do you have a guide on how to order these licenses? do you know the part number for the licenses that I need?

Can I register both routers under the same account token?

I suppose that I have to buy tow subscriptions to cover both routers! Am I right?

Thank you

Bogdan

Hello Bogdan,

You can purchase the RV34x security license from a local Cisco partner or distributor. The part number is LS-RV34X-SEC-1YR= (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/datasheet-c78-742350.html#Licensing licensing section). When ordering a license, you must provide your Cisco Smart Account ID or Domain ID. Here is a tool that you can find your local Cisco Partners: https://locatr.cloudapps.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do 

If you are located in Europe the K2Net is one of our resellers offering Small Business Products. Contact details are  IT-Outsourcing & IT-Dienstleister in Wien (k2netsolutions.com)

Yes, you can register both routers under the same account and centrally manage all licenses from there and yes, two subscriptions will be required for your two RV34x routers.

Regards,

Martin