Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement for C921-4P

EPearson117
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am doing some work on a Cisco C921-4P.  If the work I am doing pans out I may need to purchase several of these over the next few years.

I know that the C921-4P has gone EOL.  I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a replacement for this device that would not be going EOL for the next 3-5 years.

I am just doing some basic NATing and like that it has the built in Layer 2 Switch (i would need 4-5 ports).

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

that is not called the end of the sale, all over the world especially cisco kit lead time increased due to silicon shortage.

Maybe contact a local vendor, who may have overstock and be ready to deliver. if you have a budget check a higher model like 1K.

i would advise to list the features that you looking for, download the datasheet and compare or ask the vendor your requirement and what product he can deliver to meet the time lines.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

worth checking C921-4P  - where do you see EOL - or what I was reading from the site is the replacement option?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/select-isr1100-isr900-promotional-offer-eol.html

BB

i go with vendor document (that is cisco) - if you still need to clarify contact your local partner, he guides you better rather than rely on 3rd party news.

URL not make sense for me... (EOSL - 1969 - maybe cisco was not born at the time I guess here)

BB

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No EoS announcement for the c900 series router has been made. 

The only EoS/EoL announcement is the Promo Offer Bundle (End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Select ISR1100 and ISR900 Promotional Offer Bundles) only.

Hello,

Ok I guess i need to rephrase my question then.  When we got this Cisco C921-4P (about a month ago) I had to purchase it through Amazon.  When I asked my Purchasing team to look into getting one the responses they got from their vendors all said there was a current lead-time of 206 days.

If the work I am doing is successful (which is seams like it will be), I am going to need a bunch of these as quickly as possible.  So, do any of you know of a way to get these faster?  Or again of a similar Router that has a long EOL time that is more readily available?  Or do you know who I should ask?

Thanks.

that is not called the end of the sale, all over the world especially cisco kit lead time increased due to silicon shortage.

Maybe contact a local vendor, who may have overstock and be ready to deliver. if you have a budget check a higher model like 1K.

i would advise to list the features that you looking for, download the datasheet and compare or ask the vendor your requirement and what product he can deliver to meet the time lines.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: