cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV-042 maximum number of simultaneous connections

hstein123789
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering what the maximum number of connections was for this router (firmware version 1.3.12.19-tm (Feb 13 2009 13:03:21).  I saw a report[1] that said 72 but that model may have had less on-board RAM and may have been vintage two or three years ago.  Also, please define a "connection" -- if I make a socket connection WAN->LAN or LAN->WAN and I or the other side tear down the socket, the socket will go away after 2 minutes (move from ESTABLISHED to TIME_WAIT, to CLOSED, to gonzo) in a Windows environment.  Will the RV042 persist that connection internally if it was torn down non-gracefully by either side?

Also, is there a back door to enter a command to see how many sockets are open (akin to netstat –ano).

[1]  http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/lanwan-reviews/30186-linksys-rv042-review-solid-dual-wan-vpn-performer?showall=&start=4

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: