cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV-340 UI and Traffic Forwarding Slows Down - Memory Leak?

normh
Beginner
Beginner

I have an RV-340 router with latest firmware (1.0.03.16) and signature file (2.0.0.0009).  Recently, I decided to purchase a Security subscription (AV, IPS, Application/Web Control) via Smart Licensing and applied it to the router.  Ever since, the router has developed a problem which looks like a memory leak.  When the router is first booted, it works fine; the UI is quick and it forwards traffic normally.  But over a period of days, it slows down.  The first symptom is the UI becomes slower and slower until it is totally unresponsive after a week or so.  It also slows down in its traffic forwarding (very noticeable on Netflix as the program thumbnails paint very slowly) although the UI seems to die before it completely stops forwarding packets.  A power off and power on will restore it to normal operation again.  In order to keep it in a usable state for UI, it must be rebooted at least every 4-5 days.  I have tried exporting the config and then doing a factory reset, then reloading the config, but that did not resolve the issue.  This unit has one site-to-site IPSec VPN configured that connects to another RV-340 and also has Client-to-Site VPN configurations for Cisco VPN and non-Cisco (using Shrewsoft client) VPN.  Other than that, I have IPS and AV turned on but Application and Web Control are disabled.  One other data point: I have several other RV-340 units I work with that do NOT have the security subscription and they seem to be working fine on the same firmware with very similar VPN configurations.  Makes me wonder why I spent the $100 on the subscription!  I am about to default the router and put it on eBay because this behavior is totally unacceptable.  I have switched over to a Netgate 1100 with pfSense for now because I am tired of this behavior.  Anyone have any ideas how I may be able to resolve this?  Thanks in Advance...

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: