cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 3xx Series IKEv2 ?

chemdream
Level 1
Level 1

We currently connect to an ASA like device, and to Microsoft Azure via IKEv2.

I was wondering if the RV3xx series, specifically the RV345p supports connecting to IPSEC IKEv2?

Cisco's docs only say that IOS devices support IKEv2. the RV series is not IOS and does not say with versions of IPSEC setups it supports.

Thanks!

11 Replies 11

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

My name is Kristian and I am part of the Small Business team.

Unfortunately, the RVxxx series do not support IKEv2, only IKEv1.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Is there any plans to add IKEv2? Seems pretty important. Especially if these are used to connect to ASA devices.

Why do you not support IKEv2? Virtually everyone else does - I find IKEv1 not as reliable for connection to our VPN server - its really holding back this product line for me and I wont buy anymore until it has been implemented.

That's my point exactly. I bought 1 one them to try out. Literally, all they needed was IKEv2 and I would have bought at least 100 of them.

Kristian,

Is Cisco still actively supporting this router?

Seems to me there are lots of basic feature requests that aren't being addressed.

When can we look forward to getting the next firmware release? It's been awhile since the last one.

Thanks.

bldollen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IKE v2 support is coming in a firmware update. We're currently looking at the November-December time frame, but that's subject to change.

Blake

That's great!

Do you know if BGP will be supported as well?

Thanks!

Sorry, but there are no plans for BGP support at this time.

Blake

@bldollen wrote:

IKE v2 support is coming in a firmware update. We're currently looking at the November-December time frame, but that's subject to change.

Blake

Any news on this?

Version 1.0.02.16 is up now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: