cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 PPPoE issues

ibrahim052
Level 1
Level 1

I must say that i am totally impressed by the product, i have around 3 sites and out of 3 sites i was able to make a tunnel between two sites. Now when i went to to third site, first thing that surprised me is that PPPoE doesn't work, it keeps showing WAN IP as 0.0.0.0 and when i connect the same connection in other broadband routers or configure it on my windows 7 directly, it works fine but only RV042 it doesn't work at all. Than i thought of configuring RV042 as DMZ but now i am not able to create the VPN tunnel, it keeps showing RESOLVING HOSTNAME for local dyndns url. Please help. Thank you.

Incase if somebody needs a diagram.

2 Replies 2

ibrahim052
Level 1
Level 1

The structure is really simple, SITE 1  and SITE 2 is connected but unfortunately on SITE 3, PPPoE didn't work  so i thought of keeping RV042 on DMZ but than when i tried to create a  tunnel, it is not able to connect the SITE 1 and 2. Hope it was easy to  understand. Thank you.

ibrahim052
Level 1
Level 1

Alright i got it working :D, it was my  fault and the fault was so small that i could not see it keeping it  right in front of me. Well the PPPoE doesn't work so i gave DMZ one more  try and this time i realized that the INTERFACE while creating tunnel  was WAN1 where it should be WAN2. That's it, its working now. Thank you  very much