cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 version V1 and V3

Jag__tech
Level 1
Level 1

An old RV042 V1 went wrong. I changed it to a new one, same type, just V3. Made the same settings, generally it works, but I had two problems.

The company has two park, they are connected by the ISP. The headquarters subnet 10.16.10.0/24, the gateway to the other place is 10.16.10.2. On the other premise the subnet is 192.168.10.0/24 and there is a CCTV system 192.168.10.50 which use 6500 port. In the router I defined a multiple subnet 192.168.10.254/24 and made a static route to 192.168.10.0/24 where the gateway is 10.16.10.2. Also made a port forward to 192.168.10.50 - 6500.

1. In the office I cant reach the CCTV with Internet_address:Port just with the internal address 192.168.10.50. With the old router it has worked. There is another CCTV - just in the main place - with 10.16.10.x address. It is available with the Internet _address from the office.

2. With internal address I reach the CCTV, but within 5-30 seconds the connection brakes but reconnects automatically and it goes on...From outside (anywhere) it works permanently. If I disable the firewall it is perfect from inside, too. So, what is the difference between V1 and V3 version? I think I have  to make some access rules for the firewall, but what?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

nickbunyawat
Level 1
Level 1

V1 and V3

Firmware end support

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

There's quite a few changes between the v1 and v3, both hardware and software.  Something that worked on the v1 may not work on the v3 because of this.  You may have to just adjust the configuration on the v3 to whatever works.    

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Thanks, but what I have to adjust exactly?

I thinj I have to make new firewall rule(s), but what? Is there anybody who can write the solution?

I'm not completely sure.  There's vast differences in the features and software interfaces between the v1 and v3 rv042.  I'd approach it like it's a completely different brand router and work using the same methodology.  I don't have a v3 and my v1 died years ago.