cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 VPN Client Access not able to connect two users at same time

tbraquet1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV042 and have set it up for VPN Client access using the QuickVPN client to connect my remote users. I discovered today that I cannot have two users connect in at the same time. Both users are in the same remote office. They can connect individually with no problem but if one is connected and the other tries connect also the second user gets a message the gateway is not responding. They are both running WinXPPRo SP3. Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Tod,

Thank you for using the community forum.

Are they using the same user name?

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

They are two different users and logins.

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Were your QuickVPN clients behind a firewall router of some sort? For multiple QuickVPN clients to be able to connect to the remote RV042 at the same time, the local firewall router must have VPN Passthrough correctly implemented. You could try using a RV042 as the firewall router for your QuickVPN clients and you should be able to maintain 2 tunnels at the same time to the remote RV042.

tbraquet1
Level 1
Level 1

The two connections are using different logins. Also I looked at my router on the end where the two computers are and don't see anything about VPN passthrough. It's a wireless router I got from Monoprice. Just a basic wireless router. Any other ideas?

Thanks.