cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 Connectivity Issues

caneydorff
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV082 router that is acting up. It intermittently prevents most clients from connecting to the internet and each other. I am unable to log into the web interface, but can ping it. Once I cycle the power on it, it will function for a short while and I am able to login to it. It is random which clients get dropped each time. A client might maintain internet access, but is unable to login to the router's web interface. It can be hours before it acts up, but won't last for 24 hours without needing to be reset.

6 Replies 6

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Chris, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for this inconvenience you are having, in this case I need to know few things in order to find the reason of this Intermittence.

Did you try to connect your router in other place, or outlet?

Did you try to perform a factory reset? (If you do this you need to configure all settings again)

What happened to the lights in the device?

I hope to help you with this issue.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Jonathan, I have tried connecting the router in different ports without any change. I have not reset to factory faults, but have updated the firmware. The lights on the device operate the same whether it is working properly or not. The only way to clear what is happening is to turn it off and then on again.

Thank you,

Chris

Hi Chris

I´m a little curious about your router firmware, ensure you are running the latest version, the latest release is the 4.2.1.02, and you could download it here

If you are running the latest and the problem persists, can you please reach out to our Small Business Support Center and open a Service Request to address this issue? One of our Engineers may be able to work with you and diagnose the root cause. You can find the appropriate contact information for SBSC in the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Johnathan,

I think my hardware is to old to run 4.2.1.02 The serial number is DEZ005C00613 and is currently running 2.0.2.01-tm. Please let me know if I am wrong in that assumption. I tried contacting the Small Business Support Center and they sent me here first. Is the hardware still covered under the lifetime limited warranty?

Thank you,

Chris

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Did this just start happening?  If so, what has changed on your network?  I started having similar problems with my rv016s when my ISP changed their speeds on their cable modems a few years ago.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

I've figured out a way to make my rv016 auto-reboot every so often.  If you're interested in using something like this as a bandaid, message me.  This solution should work on any of the rv-series.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: