RV110W: How to create subnet?

dbmsmwol86
Level 1
Level 1

This is my lan configuration:

RV110W router connects to the internet (PPOE) through WAN

Unmanaged switch #1 connects to lan port of RV110W

6 machines connect to the switch directly

I want to isolate 2 machine from the rest of ther other machines without additional hardware. These machines should not be able to access the RV110 configuration web interface. I heard this is possible by creating a subnet. How would I do that on the RV110w?

Here is the router configuration page demo:

https://www.cisco.com/web/sbtg/gui_mockups/RV110W/default.asp.htm

Are these the correct steps (no additional hardware or cabling):

1) Create another VLAN #2

2) Change both VLAN #1 and VLAN #2 to tagged on Port #1 (exclude the other ports)

3) Goto "LAN Configuration" and put the local IP as 192.168.2.1 for VLAN #2 and then change the subnet mask to 255.255.255.128?

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

That should get you started in the right direction. Also remember to go to the Networking - Routing tab and make sure that Inter-Vlan Routing is disabled if you do not want the two vlans to be able to talk to each other.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

Wireless Subject Matter Expert

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: