cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130 IPSEC VPN

jpaterson84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i am using an RV130 router and connecting to it via IPSEC vpn using the ShrewSoft client on windows 7.  I'm able to make it work and i can ping the router itself from the remote computer, pull up the admin page, etc, however i cannot access any remote network resources beyond the router itself.  I am thinking i need to add a static route to the router - except i all the ones that i've taken limited guesses at don't seem to accomplish what i need.  The ShrewSoft client is configured as per the various guides i've found on here for this application.

Network setup:

Remote PC: virtual shrewsoft adaptor with ip 192.168.2.2 / 255.255.255.0

connecting to the RV130 via its WAN ip

The RV130 has set as its private IP 192.168.0.1 / 255.255.255.0

In the IPSEC configuration, i set that the remote client is able to access the subnet 192.168.0.0 (and not just a single IP address)

I am guessing i need to add a route so the remote PC can access the local network (for instance remote desktop a PC on the local network with ip 192.168.0.99).

I tried adding this route: destination LAN ip: 192.168.2.0 subnet:255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.0.1  however that just made it so i couldn't even ping the router from the remote PC.  Once i killed that rule, i could ping the router again, but still couldn't get anything "behind" the router.

To make a final weird twist, ping and communications seems to work fine from the local side of the router to the remote pc.  For instance, ping works fine from a computer on the local network to the remote ip 192.168.2.2, just not the other way around...

Any advice on this?  Thanks all.

Justin

2 Replies 2

aydinnmu1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi paterson,

Can you try "reverse-route" command in remote access vpn configuration

That command adds a route enty ,that defined ACL in configuration, in remote clinet routing table.

Best regards.

Hello aydinnmu1

Unfortunately RV130 router is a pretty low end one, i have no ability to run that command or any command, just limited to the GUI interface which does not give me many options.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: