cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130 VPN IPSec Server with IPSecuritas VPN Client Mac OS X - Connect but only can ping the RV130 and unable to access other remote Network resources

RainerRDE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community.

On my RV130 I've setup a IPSec VPN Server and the necessary Users.

The VPN connection with IPSecuritas on Mac OS X (El Capitan) to the RV130 is successful.

I'm able to ping the RV130 local IP Address from the VPN Client but the access to other local network resources isn't successful.

This means that a ping or an access attempt to other local network resources fail.

The reason to use IPSecuritas was that the OS X build in Cisco IPSec Client don't work.

Here are some detail Informations about my equipment:

- RV130 Firmware: 1.0.2.7

- IPSecuritas Version: 4.6.1 Build 4140

Attached you'll find the RV130 IPSec Server and the IPSecuritas configuration.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Rainer.

1 Reply 1

RainerRDE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

this topic can be closed!!!

I wasn't able to setup a satisfied VPN Client connection to the RV130 VPN IPSec Server with IPSecuritas, the MAC OS X build-in IPSec Client or with the in the technical specifications of the RV130 named and from Cisco supported VPN Clients like OpenShrew or GreenBow (under Windows OS).

In summary I was often able to ping the VPN IPSec Server Gateway with some of the VPN Clients but failed to access resources in the remote network.

What I've done to get a workaround was to install the VPN Tracker 385 VPN Client 30 day Trial Software from equinux for Mac OS X (El Capitan), contact the VPN Tracker Support and discuss the situation with them.

I've got a really very quick response from their support even though I'm a Trial user!

The ratings and the tips from them brought me on the right way (not to my solution) to find my individual solution for my RV130 IPSec VPN problem. 

In short way I've disabled the RV130 VPN IPSec server, configured a DynDNS Host record for my Macbook, installed the DynDNS Updater on the Macbook, configured a IKE and a VPN Policy on the RV130, disabled IPSec Passthrough on the RV130 (Split Tunnel).

As I try to connect with the VPN Tracker 385 to the RV130 I was able to establish a Site-to-Site IPSec VPN tunnel and I was also able to access all the resources in the remote network!

I think this would also be able with other VPN Client Software.

In retrospective I've spend so much time in study the RV130 documentation, white papers, instructions from Cisco and research in the SMB support community without finding a solution.

Its a shame that I've paid money for the RV130 VPN IPSec Server feature that never worked.

Also all the documentation and instructions from Cisco in reference to the RV130 are very poor in my opinion.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Rainer.