cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130-WB router SMTP, NTP and Firmware update all Failed

EFtechWS0
Level 1
Level 1

This device is new to me. Setting up email fails and I have read the documentation. The SMTP address and port are correct as I use the same information in other applications and devices. From the documentation there is a curious statement:

Step 8. In the E-Mail Server Address field, enter either an IP address or domain name for the e-mail server of the recipient accounts.

This seems to indicate a POP account which makes no sense.

Again I set up time settings identical to my switch, which works, and it just does nothing like updating the time automatically. I have rebooted and that does not help. I have selected the default NTP and entered my own which again works on other devices.

I currently have v1.0.3.14 firmware though as a new device to me I tried to Check Now for a firmware upgrade and get "Get Firmware Information Fail".

These are all basic functions and for all of them to fail at the outset is strange. Please don't just send links to standard documentation as I have it already and this has been ongoing for a couple weeks so it is not a transient issue. I would appreciate any advice or help as frankly the router is unusable as is and if these basic functions don't work what will be not working in more critical and involved functions?

Thank you

0 Replies 0